VLL follows Little League International’s legal bats rules. Visit their resource page for plenty of details about bat types as you think about shopping for the upcoming season.
Rookies, Minors, Majors, & Intermediate*
- 33 inches in length or less
- 2-1/4″ barrel diameter or less
- labeled as BPF 1.15 or less, if non-wood
Any bat with an alloy barrel (including those with composite handles) with these characteristics is a legal bat in VLL.
Any bat with a composite barrel additionally must be on this list from Little League International. All-composite bats not on this list are not allowed.
* Little League International allows 2-5/8″ bats for the Intermediate division. However, our new Intermediate division is being played on Heartland (short outfield) this season. As a result, we require players to use the same bat as the Majors division for 2015.
- 34 inches in length or less
- 2-5/8″ barrel diameter or less
Any bat with an alloy barrel (including those with composite handles) with these characteristics is a legal bat in VLL. Alloy bats are not restricted to -3 “drop” (weight – length).
Any bat with a composite barrel must be labeled BBCOR, which will also restrict the bat to -3 “drop” (weight – length).